Friday, October 17, 2008

Mom for Town Board

On the drive over to my grandparents, my parents starting talking about the town board and I realized how much power they have. I am trying to convince my parents to run because they would be so good. My dad gets mad, which for him just means he kind of growls out, "Heidi, why are you always trying to ruin everyone else's life?" So I switch to trying to coerce my mother into a new political career. My mom decides to say she is fed up with them telling her what to do. She tells me that she just got a letter from the county telling her that their records indicated they had not had their sewage pumped in the last 3 years. So I think, if you don't have your sewage pumped in a timely manner, don't you have bigger problems so why is the county regulating this? My mother says exactly. Turns out they have had their sewage pumped 2 years ago which is one of the many reason she is so upset with getting this letter. She wants to write them a letter back that says she only uses the bathroom at school and my dad only goes in the woods and there for they don't need to worry about her sewage. I say, you could turn this into your campaign issue, create a tag line for your campaign. While I sit in the car and try to pull something clever out of my youngish brain, my mother whips out, "I may be full of B.S., but that's my business." I like it, I think my mother is going to decide she needs a career in county politics yet.

No comments: