Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Snickering over Sugar, Baby!

The evils of sugar. Day two of saying good bye to refined sugar, at least for awhile. Yesterday I was jonesing for some sugar so I called my sister and left her a desperate message that I needed some inspiration to not eat sugar. She called back in all earnestness with this response. Her advice: " You need to go to the store and buy a back of snickers hallo ween candy because snickers really satisfies you. Then you can just eat one bite size candy bar a day and wean yourself off of sugar." Well I just started laughing because what sugar addict is satisfied with a little candy bar??? And who ever really believed that tag line that snickers really satisfies?? So I called my best friend and told her my sister's gold star strategy. She called me back and said she had a better idea that would be more effective. Her plan: Go to the grocery store and buy 3 or 4 bags of snickers bars. Then eat them all in one sitting or however many it requires to puke my guts out. Then, she thinks that should take care of the sugar craving for awhile. I've decided to not try either plan but just keep thinking about how EVIL the white powder is.

No comments: