Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good Reads

I had an epiphany today and it is: I judge people based on what books they are reading. I know I should not admit to judging people at all and if I was a good person I would not judge people. However, I am an honest person and recognize my short comings. Recently a friend asked me to join Good Reads and I had some apprehension about joining a social network where everyone looks at what I'm reading. Not only do I not want others judging me but I know I will judge my friends based on what they are reading and how they rate a book. I think people generally assume from my quiet persona that I am well read but I am not. I can justify my being a "book judge" and my justification is this: books are my good friends and just about everyone forms an opinion about someone based on their friends.

1 comment:

Ssejig said...

So are you going to keep doing good reads?