Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Motel M





I just left Motel M or Murphy and Mary Kay's sweet set up in Canyon. Here are the top ten reasons this place rules:
1. As far as I can tell the skiing is always good.
2. I didn't have to cook anything while I visited and the food was yummy (thank you MK & Murphy).
3. There is a shower with 2 heads. I think in some ways it's better than going to Chico because you don't have to leave the house.
4. I pretty much stayed in my pajamas all weekend and just put on more clothes to ski.
5. You can ski out the door! I didn't even have to break trail.
6. There are no social obligations.
7. There's a wood stove and it's always toasty.
8. It's quiet and beautiful. I love the tradition of drinking a beer before going down roller coaster. It's just steep enough that you feel justified drinking the beer but not really steep enough to feel like you need more than a beer! It really is a morning constitutional.
9. You have to snowmobile to get there. What a trea! I'm sure this vacation would have cost a tourist thousands.
10. The company and coffee were fabulous. Thanks again MK and Murphy!

No comments: