Thursday, September 18, 2008

Havre Good Trip

Well I'm in Havre anticipating a great trip on the train across country, to Minneapolis. Being a romantic, I have visions of making life long friends in the diner car on the train and playing cards all night, knitting socks (no I didn't bring the knitting needles with), reading books, and looking at the scenery. Even though I'm not on the train yet, so far I'm not disappointed--you are allowed to check THREE bags for free and take two on board. I thought this was quite a deal considering the crummy airlines are charging for one back...of course they let you take as much crap as you want on board.

Next big news is that I had extra time so I took the advice of my good friend Jessi and went to the Verizon store.... I've been looking for a phone online and am very concerned about the color. At the verizon store, I found the elusive pink phone. So even though I've always said I wanted my tombstone to read "Never had a cell phone", I've sold out. I feel disappointed in myself because I hate to think of the dam cell towers that are killing birds for my cell phone but on the other hand it's not exactly as if me not having a cell phone is going to keep towers from going up. Soo I'm now the sheepish owner of a cell pink cell phone. The cell phone was quite the character, rolly polly smoker who kept suppressing coughs but by the time I left i felt sick from the smoke smell on her. Interestingly enough the woman that sold me my phone, told me back in the 70's she took the train West and the train broke down and they were rerouted....meaning she spent 36 hours on the train!! eee gats. That is my worst fear that the train breaks down and I don't make the wedding anniversary. Then she also told me that a guy offered here a line of coke on the train but she was too young and naive to figure out what he was offering her till years later. He literally said, "would you like to do a line with me?" ha ha, I also had visions of the train being better characters than the greyhound bus crowd, but from the sounds of it they are just slightly more refined in their drug taste. Yikes. She took the romantacism right out of the train ride. The good news is my new phone comes with one month free of V cast....don't know what this means except that I can get internet on the train I think. Her words exactly (in between coughing), "It should make the train ride more pallatable."

New number is 406-641-0960 but I blocked text messaging so don't bother trying.

More to come on the train ride, think I gotta fly and go catch the train.

1 comment:

Ssejig said...

I hope I haven't steered you wrong. Glad you were able to get pink!